Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Dewar Public School, where we never settle for less than our best. We try to welcome additional students to our district whenever it is possible.
Dewar Public School makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below; however, we are providing the following information for your convenience:
- The state Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a transfer: Parents who need access to technology to print or complete the form can visit Dewar Public School main office. Paper copies of the form can also be picked up at Dewar Public School main office.
- Decisions about transfers for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year will be made by 7-31-2022. We will contact parents directly about the approval status of their child’s transfer.
- Mid-year transfer requests will be considered within 10 days of the district receiving the application.
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who attended the district on a transfer during the 2021-22 school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and discipline issues.
- Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.
- If the grade a student requests is over capacity, he/she will be offered the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed through the main office.
If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact Josh Kilhoffer, Principal at 918-652-9625.
Student Transfer Application Letter
Student Transfer Application Form
Student Transfer Policy
Letter to Current Transfer Students
Sample Transfer Denied Letter
Sample Transfer Waiting List Letter